Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-11-2005, 09:13 AM
TE Newbie

Default Please do not hesitate to comment my pictures

Hi everyone,

I am a very beginner photographer. I would love to improve my photographing skills. Therefore, please give me some comments

http://www.trekearth.com/members/overcome/
Old 03-11-2005, 10:04 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Please do not hesitate to comment my pictures

It appears you have received over 120 critiques/comments, but have given less than 20... this site is about participation. You can learn something by looking at other people's photos and see what you think about those, put that in words for them and (hopefully) receive more for yourself in return!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
TE Senior Member

Agreed. Even further, there is nothing people can do to improve their photography that is more effective than looking at others' photos and analyzing what works and what doesn't. When you are looking at someone else's photos, you are more detached and able to look at a photo with less personal involvement. The lessons you learn in critiquing will help you out the next time you are somewhere with a camera in your hand.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:19 PM

I agree totally with what’s been said. Just a very simple example, if you start to critique seriously (not only “nice shot” type critiques) and start pointing out in your critiques that the horizon or the perspective is titled, I assure you that the next time you’ll take photos you’ll start to be aware of this detail and take photos with a better framing. And along with this many other details will be improved as you get aware. Also reading others critiques in other photos than yours will help you a lot, as they point out things that will teach you about the rules of the photography and eventually how to break them sucessfully.

It’s a simple example but true, and I can state this by my own experience.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:58 PM
TE Newbie

Default Heh well..

Ye well i've got about 11 critiques and i try to critique as much as possible.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:31 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Heh well..

You won't get much response if you critique people that don't have a silver-star or gold-star next to their name. If there is no star next to somebody's name, either they are brand new to TE or do not write critiques. I generally avoid such people (unless they are new) because I prefer to give to active, contributing members.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:55 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Heh well..

Well when i pressed refresh i found out that i had become a silver-star critiquer. Does this mean the comments will start reaking in?