Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great No_One 2013-08-16 7:20

hi Arthur,
Thanks for the note, otherwise I would not have known the importance of this ship in history. A very apt boat to have at this place. I wonder if this is here for repair, or is it a permanent feature of the centre? The tales this boat could tell...
All the best
Noel

Old 08-16-2013, 03:46 PM
TE Newbie

Post To Noel_Byrne: SS Nomadic

Hi Noel, thanks for the critique. Sorry my note on the Nomadic was not as extensive as it should have been but I hope to post another picture of it in the future. This indeed is a very interesting vessel and was saved from the scrapyard and refurbished inside and out at a cost of around 7 million pounds. The dry dock that she now sits in is the original dock where she was fitted out in 1911. The Nomadic is now a permanent museum and part of the celebration of the Titanic.
Ps. Going down to your neck of the woods this weekend to Portmarnock to celebrate 25th wedding anniversary. Hope to get some shots from around that area if the boss lets me.
All the best
Arthur.

Last edited by Kugart; 08-16-2013 at 03:53 PM.