Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great stego 2014-09-07 18:41

Hi Paul,

I smiled while reading about the weather in Asturias... Every time I went to the North coasts of Spain I got most of the days like the one I see here or worse (rain!). Nevertheless, I see that it didn't stop you from getting a very nice photo of that place that I practically don't know because it was raining like hell when I passed there (in August... :-).

TFS, regards, José.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:12 AM
TE Expert

Default To stego: the weather

Hi José,

In advance I had read that it can rain often in this region, but alternating with sunshine. Not constant rain.

Now, we had very few rain. Only twice about 15 minutes. Much better than in Belgium.

BUT ... most days were dark with grey or black skies.
The kind of weather that I personally find depressing.

We also enjoyed a few very sunny days and we were lucky then to be on the most beautiful places of Asturias, as on the day that we made ​​the hike Ruta del Cares.

Best regards from a foggy Belgium
Paul
Old 10-27-2014, 08:53 PM
TE Expert

Hi Paul. I am replying only now because I had forgotten how the pre-historic messaging of TE works. It looks like you were a bit luckier than myself in Cantabria. :-) Incidentally, I only have been to Belgium once for a few days in April, and it felt like the chilliest and greyest days in Lisboa, apart from a lovely afternoon in Ghent. But the company and the excellent food largely compensated the weather. I rarely have fun in work trips, but that one felt like a good short holidays. Cheers from a sunny Portugal (sunnier than most of the Summer days this year).