Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great abmdsudi 2016-03-14 23:29

Hi Federico
Hey, remember Lombok! Peace and tranquility what a super experience being up there...

This is a beauty with that superb early morning light, the clouds & mists and glimpse of the lake and a contrast between the darker and lighter elements. I really like this but there are a couple of little things that I think would improve it; the fire ball, which I always try to avoid shooting directly, is slightly distracting almost at a point of burnt out on the other hand, the heavily shadowed areas as foreground interest, can be still be brightened up for more highlights.

From my experience, combination of Polariser and GND filter will address these issues for a better balance of exposure. For me, there is nothing to lift it from competent to memorable, the scene looks superb at the time to the eye, they all look very similar when recorded, but when we have got the exposure right it will stay in our memory for a very long long time. This is my sincere comments, Great shot well worth your climb. Congrats
Best wishes

Old 03-16-2016, 02:35 PM
TE Newbie

Default To abmdsudi: Usefull comment

Hello Abmdsudi, I really appreciate your comment, you say a combination of polariser and GND filter? you mean both used at the same time? actually I do have a polariser but I never used a GND ( I will try in future maybe a soft one) in fact I like back ligth photos like this one and the problem is always the same as you pointed out.
Thanks Fred