Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great shopgirl 2005-08-11 12:26

Hi Kanyima,
This is a nice daily life picture - it's cool that you get your food straight out of the garden! Your area of Uganda looks very pretty and your mom looks like a nice lady.
Have a good day, Laura

Old 08-12-2005, 02:24 PM
TE Newbie

Default To shopgirl: Thanks

Thanks Laura for your kind message. I only just discovered TrekEarth yesterday and thought it was a grand idea to share photos on it. I've seen some very amazing photos here and I am beginning to get even more interested in photography myself. I like your lily pads but I don't have any ideas to improve them. I don't have any photography skills other than to focus and shoot, really. I have seen the lily pads at Kew myself and I thought they were cool. Did you see the african jungle at kew? They got it just right. Have a nice day yourself.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:43 PM
TE Newbie

Default hi

Hi Kanyima,
Yeah, I understand what you mean about not really having any photography skills, because I don't really either! My sister knows what she is doing, so sometimes she gives me advice, but mostly I just try to take pictures at unusual angles, etc. Don't be afraid to critique people and tell them what you like or don't like about their photo, because that's half the fun of being on TE!
Yeah, I saw the African jungle at Kew and I thought it was really cool. I live in a very dry "high desert" in Oregon, so the jungle is completely opposite from what I'm used to.
Laura