Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good vinicio 2005-12-13 3:44

Welcome back Shellee, it was much time that I did not see your photos.
This image is a lot compressed and the noise is too big, however is a beautiful place and you have done a good composition, thanks also for the complete note.
Ciao
Vinicio

Old 12-14-2005, 02:49 AM
TE Newbie

Default To vinicio: Fixing noise

Thanks for the note. I'm going to do better keeping up with my hobbies. I still use film so doing the digitization to post these is up to me. This time I had it done when I did the developing. Part of the problem (I think) is I had to resize it quite a bit to post it. The picture itself is very clear. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be appreciated. Thanks for the note on the composition. I was hoping I got that right.
Shellee
Old 12-15-2005, 09:47 AM
TE Expert

Default Fixing noise

I try to explain you the procedures, sorry for the orthographic mistakes.
When you have doing your digital post-processing (such rotate, crop, levels, saturation) with your image editor (try "The Gimp") you must resize the image for TE, the command "resize" on your image editor allow you to change the dimensions only, nothing else, your image is still without noise, then, when you save this resized version, use the minimum level of "compression", or if you have the "quality" parameter the maximum quality, the result must not have more than 200Kb on your hard disk, this is the maximum allowed for TE, you must find the appropriate level for this result, your image here has 29Kb into my HD, you have lost 171Kb of image quality.
I hope that you understand my boring explanation.
Ciao
Vinicio