Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: I hate old postcard photos...

so this forum should be deleted, we are discussing nothing... :)

These thread (I believe your talking about deleting the thread and not the forum) should have not even been started in the first place. Again, problems with other members should be reported to the admins only and for the sake of this community.

And also, so you're told that a member is posting picture that he doesn't own the copyright. What you're gonna do about this if you're not an admin or a moderator?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:38 PM
TE Senior Member

If a member is posting picture that he doesn't own the copyright, I think I should lynch him with a bunch of other TE guys, of course.

I was talking about the ways TE can keep what it is, a place where different cultures meet, share feelings about the photography and the world around us. But a photography that comes from a personal experience of a TEer. If I didn't find the same opinion about "scanned postcards" than that is my problem. Another problem is when no one reacts to what is a big problem today, not only in photography and that is copyright, so obvious fakes stay for months.
The other point is learning through mistakes. That's why we need threads and forums also about the things we don't like.

Aleks
Old 04-11-2006, 07:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Hello, Well I think that the photos we post, must be ours, but today I saw a photo which is not from the photograph, and really he say in his note: "I don't know where the photo is done as I received it by email, and I don't know who's the photograph", is it normal.... I think it is like, as you said, take a postcard, scan, and here you go.... but this is not the good way I think. I prefer to post my own bad photos as to post someone else photos....
Old 04-12-2006, 10:17 AM
TE Senior Member

Hi, Marie.

I think this behaviour should be discouraged by giving a comment to the person saying it is not allowed. I mean what's the idea? If I photograph a photo on the wall and just that photo, surely the photo is mine, but is it really or is it just a bad reproduction of a already taken photo. If you put a photo of a photograph or painting, it should be put in context, like the photo of Mona Lisa I saw, which had a context of somebody taking a picture of it in mobile phone too. About scans, they are only OK if they are taken of your photos, not postcards. Otherwise everyone would use National Geographic, scan photos from it and say I've been there, close to that volcano in Indonesia or I've been on a saffari so here I share a nice lion. The bottom line is that it is better to post your photo of whatever and receive some valuable comments on how you can improve yourself in photography than to post something for which a lot of people will say WOW, but really they say WOW to somebody else.

Aleks

Aleks
Old 04-12-2006, 11:34 AM
TE Junior Member

Hello Aleks,
Yes I think you are right in your comments. Next time I will advise the person which post other photograph work. And I still think it is better to post my own bad photos and try to improve....maybe I learn something sometimes. See you. Bye bye. Marie-Aude
Old 04-12-2006, 11:46 AM
TE Expert

Next time I will advise the person which post other photograph work.

I really suggest that you hit the "report violation" link instead. This will help moderators and admins to keep the site clean from cheater, forger and other mythomaniac. Moderators and admins can't possibly have their eyes on every single pictures posted on this site, therefore they need help.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:30 PM
TE Senior Member

If you see something like that, click the "Report Violation" link in the upper left corner. It is against site rules to post photos that are not your own.