Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great alekpet 2006-04-12 3:24

Hi Marie Aude.

I like how the policeman mimics the statue. You've caught a great moment there and your placement is very good.

The photo has some flaws, it's not sharp enough for example, but there are ways you can improve it by using sharpening techniques in some image proccessing tool.
Also, you should use all the 200kb that TE is givving it to you, this way there is less compression resulting in better quality photo.

Aleks

Old 04-12-2006, 11:39 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To alekpet: Thanks Aleks

Well, I learn something today ;-)so I will try to use all the 200kb, but when you say "sharpening" is it meaning to cut the photo ??? I don't understand it well. Thank a lot for your comments and help. Byebye
Old 04-12-2006, 12:31 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To alekpet: Thanks Aleks

There is no cutting the photo with sharpening.
There is a tool called "sharpen" or "unsharp mask" existing in every image editing program, even the free ones.
I use the program called "Photofiltre" which has a nice sharpen tool and where aou control the size of the output jpeg photo and is totally free.
Here's the link:

<A HREF="http://www.photofiltre.com">PHOTOFILTRE</A>

take care, Aleks