Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great waskahegan 2004-07-10 13:43

Impressive photo of a demonstration of forces, they seem determined, what was the demonstration all about?

Old 07-10-2004, 08:56 PM
TE Newbie

Default To waskahegan: Re

The demonstration was because the economists want to set up the council in warsaw, and they had a meeting in 27-29 of april. And just because that where are globalists you can find the opposite , meaning AntiGlobalists, now calling themselves AlterGlobalists. But the people representing AG are just plain stupid.. they called off talks with economists. And sometimes you must go on no matter what happens.
The whole demonstration was as peaceful as those in latin america, music played , people were dancing, smiling. :) everybody happy

PS: didnt see your pictures yet for i dont have enough time to see all of photos, but now I ve gotta tell you that ...<he shakes his head with respect>. Nothing more to add.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:59 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To waskahegan: Re

They were peaceful and there were not many of them. But how can anybody know? In other cities where such demonstrations took place there were acts of vandalism...
Old 07-11-2004, 01:34 PM
TE Newbie

In genua the day , or rather the night before demonstration the policemen attacked demonstrants squot, the beated them with police sticks , just another demonstration of force... just because they lived on squot. So Im not surprised, that a supposedly peaceful demonstration turned into a bloody riot. But even that dont excuse the policemen from shooting,ahd riding over a demonstrant throwing a gas extinguisher at the police car. The world saw the photos,and they need no explanation.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:55 PM
TE Newbie

That still doesn't explain why the demonstrators (some of them masked) started to demolish the buildings/shops of innocent people.
But I think this is not the best place to discuss politics :)
Old 07-12-2004, 12:36 AM
TE Newbie

Yes I agree that it doesnt explain trhem. But makes you think and partially understand them.