Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great batalay 2006-11-17 12:46

Hello Marie Aude,

This is a wonderful shot, which you have cropped into a golden rectangle (1:618), in this instance without the frame it measures 785x 483 pixels. These proportions are found in the Parthenon and many other masterpieces of our species. Did you do this on purpose, or was it your aesthetic intuition that helped you choose. The composition, color, exposure are all first rate. Thank you, and regards from Virginia, Bulent
(I wrote a book called 'Mathemaitc and the Mona Lisa,' in which I discuss the intersection of science, mathematics and art. Thus my interest in such proportions.)

Old 11-21-2006, 12:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To batalay: Thanks for yours comments

Hello Bulent,
I enjoy really your comment, so different and reflecting your curiosity for our world. I cropped my photo just by feeling, and because it was the way I liked it best. I am not a good mathematical spirit and I just do it with my eyes and heart. I am glad you like it.
Your comment is the first one I receive which make me have a deep think about this. (It is a shame that I don’t speak better English to explain you my feeling) Thanks.
p.s. I will look for your book.