Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Polonaise 2007-02-18 10:15

Extraordinary photo. Very strong photo.
That photo is yearning for information rather than a cliché, and quite naïve note.
My questions are:
1. Why those kids are there?
2. Where is it ? Building…Institution..? Marble floor (???)
3. Why two kids are covered with some rags, and the third kid, naked - is laying on the sheet of fabric - uncovered.
Some of other questions I can answer on my own…
I know it is Africa, it is Cameroon, there is no food for children (usually the ADULTS are OK, thanks God! Or, at least, they are strong enough to carry the bazookas and Kalashnikovs proudly on their shoulders).
And I'm perfectly alright with all the information and images.
For, as long as I live, I watch on TV, those proud, and smart and brave people, with the ammunition belts wrapped around their bodies, fighting for freedom and democracy (with outstanding results, may I add !).
But…There are those questions I asked above.
Burning my brains…Gripping my throat tightly…
What? Why? Rags, naked, marble floor…
???????????????????????????????
If you don't know the answers Steve, and if you don't supply me with the answers…I'll be back, brother…
Trust me…I'll be back.. Be aware

Old 02-22-2007, 11:28 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Polonaise: Answers

I wish I knew all the answers George. This is the Yaounde railway station. I was on the first floor coffee shop waiting for my train to arrive. I donno why they are there but it seemed to me the one on the red sheet was seriously ill. I coudn't see their parents around. Maybe they had different parents. Wish I could be of more help.
S.