Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-27-2007, 09:13 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: What a strange discussion...

I know where East Timor is. Its in Indonesia, small independent state, half of Timor Island, formerly Portugal colony. Now and last several years there's a troubles. I know it, why do you think i don't know? And I'm not object about this Asia thing, I wrote about rusophobic camaign, that's all I was writing about. And why you once wrote in Russian and now write in English?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Russia in Asia????

think like you,learn in my school,and sure that Russia is in EUROPE..suppose nothing happened in this time with geography...:)))
Old 03-29-2007, 01:27 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Racism

Ohhh yess))) Sure) I'm full of complexes =))
Will go now n cry in the dark lonely corner)))
Old 03-30-2007, 06:58 PM
TE Expert

Hi Narayan.
To state that Mongolia is richer in culture than Europe and/or Russia is a bit adventurous! I think except Gengis Khan, no one can name a Mongolian writer? Painter? Musician ? a monument? I know they do have them and i like Tuvan throat singing very much... but still it doesnt weigh much if you compare to Russia and Europe!! Not to mention modern days! I doubt Mongolia can boast of so much development (which is also culture)unfortunately...
Nothing against Mongolia, of course, which is certainly a great country with great people.
I know that was not really your point, but you say that Mongolia and China are better than others, and that also is racist in some way.
Regards
A European, living in Asia, my favorite continent!
Laurent
Old 03-30-2007, 07:05 PM
TE Expert

Hi Narayan,
I usually order a Black Russian in the bars! ;D
Cheers
LAurent
Old 03-30-2007, 07:07 PM
TE Expert

Good point
Laurent
Old 03-30-2007, 09:30 PM
TE Senior Member

well... you can attribute modern day Mongolia to the country in the spot light at this moment, Russia. No one is better than anyone... and I never intended to say that... oh wait, I didn;t say that!!
Old 03-31-2007, 05:02 AM
TE Expert

I hardly can understand how Russia can be in the same group as Chine, Mongolia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Japan, East Timor... East Timor?! Where is f*** it???"
Well… I consider myself a man with the powerful imagination (one of my many flaws), and yet there is no way in hell I can imagine Russia to be in the same group as Monaco, Vatican, Liechtenstein, San Marino as well as neat beyond humanity Switzerland, obscene rich Germany, beautiful beyond description Italy, breath taking Greece, diabolically organized Sweden, dynamic Norway, or guitarish Spain, dreamy Portugal, 700 kinds of cheese' France, 'splendid isolated' Britain, or rhapsodic Hungary, or bluedanubish Austria. Or… ambitious Poland, or milky Denmark or brilliantly cut Holland or…or…or…
You feel European, Daria?
Good for you, dear. It's a nice feeling. I myself feel still European (at least partly European) even though I love my new country tremendously and I feel hundred meters tall when I'm presenting myself "I'm Canadian".
But…But, for your countrymen, the day of glory and pride will be the day when a one single of the hundreds of millions Europeans will say: I feel like being a Russian from now on… I'd like Russia to be my neighbor…I'd like to emigrate to Russia…I wish to live in Russia…I'd like my children to be born in Russia…I'm not scared to death of Russia…I love Russia…!!!!
Oh, boy…That'll be the day !!!
Not my children or grandchildren, but maybe my grand, grand children…Who knows?
Dreamer me, eh ?
Greetings, Daria.
Don't let your dreams die.
g.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:57 AM
TE Expert

Come on !
This thread is almost ridiculous... Geography is a science, not an opinion. So there are geographical boundaries. and everyone(who has been following their courses in school ;D) knows where starts Europe and where starts Asia. So, Russia is a TRANSCONTINENTAL country, most of its activities happen in Europe, but most its territory lies in asia. Check that link as it may help the 'non-knowing'!
Enjoy!
A Indo-European trekearther.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:09 AM
TE Expert

'Is there something wrong with Mongolia or China, societies that are richer in culture than Russia and Europe.'
That is what you said ;D We cant say richer, it is better to say 'as rich as'. Sometimes our words go beyond our thoughts... Anyway, I totally agree with you when you say there is nothing wrong to be grouped with any other countries... some are more or less developped or rich, but that doesnt make them 'inferior' (in my humble opinion)
Friendly regards.
Laurent