Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good russte 2007-04-27 6:10

Hi Kev, I've read that Doisneau admitted that he asked the couple to repeat the kiss for his famous Parisian photo but that he did not pay them and they were not models or actors [whereas my inferior interpretation of his photo in Georg's theme really IS the decisive moment ;-)]. Spanish women are indeed passionate but the man has to choose his time (si amigos, mi esposa es espanola). He clearly did not. It's another brave capture and I'm really starting to hope you've good hospital insurance, my friend! Technically, the blacks are a bit too heavily clipped but I appreciate the circumstances were (ahem), difficult! Best wishes Stephen

Old 04-27-2007, 01:48 PM
TE Expert

Default To russte: ...the blacks are a little heavy...

I'm happier that he didn't pay them ...so his observation was good....asking for a repeat is somehow more acceptable.....it talks of a relationship on the street and a connection with his subjects - like Jerzy's (bantonbuju) long involved conversations with his subjects...

My insurance.......good fast legs for my age.......twenty odd years of martial arts experience (no guarantee of anything but I can dodge the odd punch!) ........gift of the gab.......a big friendly smile!

best wishes `Kev
Old 04-27-2007, 09:05 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: ...the blacks are a little heavy...

And if the martial arts training fails, a great big 5D with which to whack the aggressor over the head!

Aargh, Kev. You're quoting a bit of my critique. I'm starting to feel paranoia! On Flickr this week, my critiques have been termed both 'eloquent'(that's OK) and 'elaborate waffle' (which I think's a bit harsh but maybe true!).

Anyway, have a great weekend. I look forward to more postings.

Best wishes

Stephen
Old 04-28-2007, 02:09 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: ...the blacks are a little heavy...

a great big 5D with which to whack the aggressor over the head

..or to giv e them as a surprise present......no.....unlikely........depends on the size of the gun.........

..but seriously - one has to be mindful...it happens!

I like the flickr story - build you up and knock you down.....

take care Kev