Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Furachan 2007-06-16 7:01

Chao Anh, Thanh,
Man what a tale, and your tale is the story of many tens of thousands, many ex professors and doctors nw pedalling cyclos for tourists in Saigon, Can Thi, Dalat and of course Danang and Hoi An. WHat a powerful document this is, this TE package. Some will walk by the picture alone not "getting" it, you know? But the title stopped me in my tracks - I knew you had a message for us there. My guess is Psyops will read this too for sure - he was down there too for a while, was he not?
Bless you, this is a powerful document. the raw deal, bottom line.
Best wishes,
Francis

ps If you don't mind I will upload a complementary picture in WS, a photo I uploaded earlier but no one showed the slightest interest in it so I dumped it. It's a group portrait of motorbike drivers in Saigon, and some of them I'm sure has a South Vietnam connection and went through some of the things you did. Look at their faces...

Old 06-16-2007, 07:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Furachan: ...tears in my eyes

Message for Francis:
I agree that the picture is just normal to be walked by but you revealed the dark secret behind its colorful face. Your contribution to Thanh's shot is not less than President Bush when he pointed out that Vietnam has took the life of many people...
It's sad, but it's true. I was a soldier in the war so I still look back to the city and country that were part of my life. But I am surprised of how much your mind and wisdom got involved with the behind-the-scene of this nation — off from pure photography.
Between you and me, I think I should confess that your comments and the "workshop" made me surprised more when I discovered tears in my eyes. Thank you, Francis!

George,
Old 06-17-2007, 03:58 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Furachan: ...tears in my eyes

You're welcome brother. I had earlier trie to upload those moto guys in Saigon but no one was the least bit interested so when I saw Thahns shot, I saw an oportunity to recycle the shot in that context.
Take care,
Francis