Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-24-2007, 03:21 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Loud and clear

Indeed, not the most gracious way to fess up, if that is what happened. Jean-Paul, tell us once and for all, un peche avoue est a moitie pardonne, and you can come back with cool pix of your own. In India, that should not be too hard.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:38 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: plagiarism

Thank you for posting this Komal.

Speaking as somebody who received many critiques from JP and who critiqued a number of the images he posted this is very troubling (that is not the right word but I am not sure I can come up with the right one).

I certainly wish Jean Paul would return to this forum with a more detailed response to Marc's question of why manipulate.
It may be painful .. but I think it is a truly legitimate question.

According to the about at digitalblasphemy.com
>>>>>>
What is Digital Blasphemy?:

Just me. My name is Ryan Bliss and I've been making pictures with a PC since I got my first one in late 1994. Aldus Photostyler and Kai Power Tools came bundled free with my lightning fast Compaq 486/66. That computer didn't have a modem, so I had no way of changing the lame wallpaper that came with Windows 3.1 other than doing it myself.
>>>>>>

Unless I am reading this wrong Digital Blasphemy is not taking images from photo agencies as per Jean Paul's explanation? Please correct me if I am wrong. I did contact Mr. Bliss for confirmation of this point.

The other issue I would like an explanation of is motivation. Most times I have seen issues such as this I quickly understand the motivation. Unless I have missed the smilies for cash exchange??? It is hard for me to imagine that JP is interested in my thoughts on an image created by Ryan Bliss. I can't imagine an 8 pixel green smiley face is that much motivation in itself. Has the little green fellow truly turned into such a monster?

John
Old 07-25-2007, 09:32 AM
TE Junior Member

"In India, that should not be too hard"

??????
Old 07-25-2007, 09:41 AM
TE Junior Member

"cool pix of your own"
Old 07-25-2007, 02:48 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: plagiarism

Dear Komal, great artwork, and plagiarist are parasites!

Pretty amazing but the wallpaper Endless Blue is almost identical to a real-life island, see this link ... http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1519909641045304822PbXcXH

I have another shot from the ocean where the three pinnacles look identical to you artwork.

I have 60 of my best island images being stolen by a little worm in Canada that runs a private islands website, who is using my images to pass himself off as an island expert.

That the problem with the internet..
Old 07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
TE Expert

?????
----------
Hi Sid,

India is one of the great photographic destinations and locations on earth, and on TE too of course. Subjects abound, 24/7.

Cordially,

H