Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-25-2007, 07:06 AM
TE Senior Member

Default the good, the bad and the forgotten

"A photo on TE needs only a few critiques."

I'm not saying this to discuss points, the buddy theory, the knights who have more than so-many-K, how to become noticed, or to stir up emotions.

I just want your thoughts on how many critiques are enough?
The forgotten and the bad? Would it help you, TE, the receiver if you look at them?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:04 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: the good, the bad and the forgotten

Hi there,

I'm not sure I fully understand this thread... Why does a picture on TE only needs a few critiques?
Should there be a limit for how many points a picture can get?

"The forgotten and the bad", -who or what and where should I look at them?

Cheers,
Old 07-25-2007, 11:13 AM
TE Senior Member

Christian,
The question is if it realy help to write critique nr. 13 saying nothing more than the previous ones? So I stated; "A photo on TE needs only a few critiques.". You could mark the critiques saying what you like as usefull. Discussing points is pointless IMHO.

Where you look at the forgotten and the bad? Maybe Malawi, Moldova, Manaqua, Mary. Maybe the archives, photo's of members that wrote you a critique that you like, the panorama's, the critiques, the workshops, or even the uncritiqued in the left bottom of the page.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:26 AM
TE Junior Member

"The question is if it realy help to write critique nr. 13 saying nothing more than the previous ones"

-Maybe not, but I would still like to have the option to praise a picture I think is good, regardless of that I can't contribute with anything else that has already been said IMHO :)

Have fun,
Christian
Old 07-27-2007, 01:32 PM
TE Expert

When I post a critique I am making two statements, one is what evet it is that I write, the other is a personal alignment with certain photos. By me keeping track of what I find interesting I can measure if I am changing my tastes and by how much or how little.

Greg
Old 07-27-2007, 02:11 PM

If I see that a picture has already received a large number of points I generally don't bother to critique it. By that time most comments of any value will already have been written.
However, when I do critique a photo I don't look at other critiques until after I have submitted my own. I don't think there is a simple answer to "How many is too many?" It's possible to have 30 'critiques' where only 1 or 2 actually say anything apart from 'nice shot' or similar. It's just as possible to have 10 critiques each with informative and valuable input. I know which I would prefer to receive.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
TE Expert

Sure, one can show one's love of photography and assess one or many aspects, right and wrong, of a member's contribution, but the real way has be shown: the most imporant thing about a critique, which we tend to forget, me the first, is to wish at the end "have a nice week-end", with a big smyley of course, showing the heartful intent. What's written before in it, and how many smileyd, is just decorum, a relique of TE's birth sprangs...... ;-))))))))

Nothing like the personal touch

Have a nice week-end, all!