Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cgrindahl 2004-09-29 17:01

Wonderful photo Richard and very touching note. If only all of us in this troubled world could remember the senselessness of war, then perhaps we wouldn't so readily send young men and women to their deaths.

You give us another powerful image with a dramatic sky, which as Luko notes has become a signature for your work. I felt motivated by his comments as well as my own view of this image to see if I could brighten the foreground a bit. I've posted a workshop for your consideration. The first workshop brightened the foreground, but unfortunately at the expense of the drama in the clouds, which is essential to this image in my opinion, especially in light of the note you append. See what you think of the alternative.

Old 09-30-2004, 10:15 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To cgrindahl: Workshop

Hi Curtis,
Like the workshop, It does closely match what I had envisioned when taking the shot.
I will try it on the full 20x16" version and see if it holds up as a contact print.
Unfortunately I pictured this as a large print when setting up so it does limit what I can do in PS without it becoming obvious whereas Some of my stuff I see as whole plate size and can almost get away with murder if I want to.
It's times like this when I wish I had taken the 5x4.
Thanks again, I really appreciate proper criticism from my peers.
Yours
Richard