To wishlist: Hi

• Hi Igor,
    How was your trip back the the UK? It was great to meet you too, we had a really enjoyable day in Treviso. And as you see, you persuaded me to get my act together and finally post a US picture (not having taken any in Treviso) :)
    But what's this about your SD card and losing your pictures???
    John
  • Re: To wishlist: Hi
    Hi John,
    the trip back to UK was ok thanks and I'm sooooooo glad you decided to post such a beauty from you trip to the US and I look forward to see all the other gems you have in your hard drive ;o)

Basically I put the SD card into the card reader and I don't know whats happened then. On my desktop there was the icon for the external hd (the sd card) as usual but I got the message the device ws corrupted and unable to reproduce any kind of file. Today I tried with a recovery software for damaged devices such hard drives or memory cards; I'm able now to see a preview of therecovered picture only through this software but if I try to open the Nef file with NX or Photoshop I get the message "file format not supported or file corrupted". I mean, it's not a big deal as I probably took 25, maybe 30 pictures but I was curious to see those taken with your lens.
    Nevermind, it means that I have to go to the shop and buy the fisheye ;oP

Igor
    Hi Igor,
    Well it may not be a big deal in terms of the photos lost but it's certainly alarming - what would have happened if you had had some really important shots on the card? I've heard that it's almost always possible to recover lost files but it might be necessary to have it done professionally. Lots of hassle.
    In the meantime you'll just have to buy the fisheye, no doubt about it.
    John
    ..lots of hassle and lots of money too!
    Tomorrow or Saturday I'll go to the shop to have a replacement for the damaged card and to buy that beautiful little addictive lens :o)
    Just can't wait to have it!!
    Take care and......look foward to see <B>that</B> picture you took with the fisheye ;o)

Igor