Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 04:53 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: INTERNET BRANDS Please clarify Terms of Service

Here is an answer From Justine:
Hi...
I am always open to suggestions about how to better communicate with this community. :D
This link has been here for a while and I truly thought I'd found the information and answered the people who'd contacted me and was taking steps toward fixing it for the community without creating alarm. I was obviously wrong.

As to your other questions:
- we would never pass photos to another internet company, after all, that would go against IB's interest.
- IB has always contacted photographers and writers for written permission to use their material in the rare instance IB wanted to (in newsletters, for example)
Old 02-16-2009, 06:33 PM
TE Expert

Didi

I am sure this Internet Brands Community Leader Justine Cogan can talk for herself. And do not forget for a minute that she is a moderator probably for the whole section of sites under Internet Brands Travel and Leisure Segment, not only TE.

Here you just ignored the fact that the TOS of the Internet Brands gives the company right to use, marketing and sell whatever they like of what is posted on any of their Travel and Leisure segment Internet sites, inclusive TE.

Do not allow yourself to be so naive Didi as to oversee the arrogance they have and their unwillingness to remove the mentioned paragraphs in their IB TOS.

And come out of the dream world of the past where you could discuss and rely on one owner: Adam. He has sold out the site and you are now under an ownership that in no way have the same personal relation as we was used too.

Whatever "small talk" and bla bla bla that Justin the moderator puts in a thread it is all put aside by the Internet Brands TOS - whenever they must feel for it. Look to the legal language it is all written in and see yourself in a discussion with their corporate lawers should that day come....

Have a fine evening out there - but stop babysit Internet Brands - they simply do not need it ;-)
Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
TE Expert

Ok Jack
I shall wait for this week to see what it will happen here.
I saw that in TL Members are more active.
But what is the conditions TOS in Flickr ?
Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 PM
TE Expert

...one more thing.

Go to the bottom of this page and click the link "TERMS OF USE".

Suggestion read the whole page - and then pick out all the stuff that goes in your favor and that state your rights as a member of the site.

Happy reading....
Old 02-16-2009, 06:55 PM
TE Expert

What the heck have Flickr to do with the rules of IB?

I thought this was TE under Internet Brands - not a competition amongst photo sites in who have the "best" or "worst" TOS...
Old 02-16-2009, 07:04 PM
TE Expert

Very confusing rules
I have some difficult to read in English
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 PM
TE Expert

Default Registrant Name of trekearth.com, treklens.com, etc.

DomainsByProxy.com sells a service to make "anonymous" the registration of domains. I use it in all the .com, .org and .net domains I administer because of spam and for safety reasons - if anyone wants to steal any of "my" domains, knowing the contact data I use in the registration may prove very useful and by using DomainsByProxy.com finding that isn't just a matter of searching WHOIS any more.

All this to say that anyone can have its domain appear in WHOIS as being owned by DomainsByProxy.com.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:02 PM
TE Senior Member

Same TOS policy as Facebook: http://www.ecrans.fr/Facebook-Tous-les-droits-pour,6422.html
Same for Google/Picasa, Yahoo/Flickr ...

Nothing is free my friends ! Better watch out now ...
Old 02-17-2009, 05:50 PM
TE Expert

I have just read Flickr TOS; Flickr is a branch of Yahho and the problem exists there also, same than IB.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:41 PM
TE Expert

Great...

The more sites that violate your ownerships of your work and photos the better it is - is that really any valide point....

I got the impression this was about a change and addition on rules that was basic for TE.
Rules that was becoming worse for the photographer after the takeover of Internet Brands.

Very, very difficult to understand the point her.. Because other have similar rules that IB.. should you just accept that ten's of thousand's of photos posted under an other owner and other rules should now be in a position where the orginal ownership is put aside. BS..