Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great asl 2015-06-25 13:12

Hello Werner!
I really like your photo! I find it very fresh and I like the composition. It makes feel on holidays! ;)
I, however, would have cut off the fence in the front of the picture, as it gives it one too many layer.
thank you for sharing! good luck on TE!

Old 06-27-2015, 09:57 PM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: London.....

Hi Mariusz,

Thank you for your kind remarks on this one.

Yes, after our week in Menorca, we flew back to London and stayed there for two days before flying back to Scotland. Our main reason to stop in London was to see Yvonne's daughter (my step-daughter) who stays and works there. She took us for some long walks around the city, visiting lots of places. We were very lucky indeed with the weather - it was glorious with bright warm sunshine and lovely skies like this the whole time, so we were able to enjoy our walks and enjoy the sights too.

In fact the weather was so good that we didn't actually go inside any places like St. Pauls, Westminster Abbey or any museums. They are dreadfully expensive to get into. It's also very expensive to stay in London and that's what makes me wonder about a TE meeting in London - it could prove very expensive to stay there unless we managed to find somewhere cheap outside the city and travelled in each day using an Oyster card. Well worth a thought, though!

It's actually a long time since I last went to London too and I'd not been there before with a camera. There's so many things to see and so many strange and odd people around the place too! So many photographic opportunities.

Yes, we have to think about it and discuss it too.

Yes, of course, Craig and Tosca are wanting to visit Britain next year. He had asked me about the best time to visit Scotland and Ireland. I thought that May and June were the best for the weather in Scotland - it's usually the best time of year here - but this year it's been very wet and windy with only a few really nice days.

The other thing is that Lisa (delpeoples) might be coming to Ireland sometime this year. Her husband is actually Irish (from Donegal) and has family there. It would be lovely to meet up with her too.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:35 AM
TE Expert

Hi, Sorry for preview other people's letters , but when I see the words TE-Meeting I am alert at once. Is is my dream to have other meeting in UK, and the visit of Craig and Tosca would be great opportunity. I would love to come. But better would be a smaller place than a big city when we could be lost.

The daughter of my school friend asked me for help to organize the London trip for her and her boyfriend - the flights, accommodation, London transportation and so on. They went just for two days. Indeed the entrance tickets are very expensive - the wheel 20 pounds for instance. They returned delighted . They visited me to show the photos yesterday. And why couldn't I organize it for myself I was in London in 1977 on my way to Brighton for an English course. I went with service passport so I could not stay longer but there were no flights (or maybe I said there were no flights ) and I had two days in London. Almost forty years ago, I should go once more. And many museums, like British Museum , are free.
it would be fantastic if we could meet.
Hugs MAlgo
Old 06-28-2015, 12:13 PM
TE Expert

Default A Possible TE Meeting........

Hi Malgo,

Of course, this is an open forum so anyone (even you! ) can add any comments they wish.

Yes, Mariusz suggested London but, as you've said before, going into places other than museums can be horrendously expensive. We were there for just two days last month and the weather was fabulous - lovely and warm and sunny with no rain - so we didn't really want to go indoors and we were quite happy just walking and walking.

It really would be lovely to meet up with Craig and Tosca when they come over here next year but I suppose we really need to wait and see where they intend to visit - perhaps then we can make some arrangements.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:39 PM
TE Expert

London was just an idea. Regarding C&T, let's wait till their plans get clarified then we can pick a location and time that would suit everyone.
If John says that he got two sunny days in London than I guess London is out of the question this year as I doubt there would be three sunny days over there per year
Let's wait then and Malgo: we will definitely let you know as soon as anything is clearer.
Regarding Lisa visit: I had actually a opportunity to meet her when she previously visited Ireland and I missed it.
But since I lived in Ireland for 5 years -going over there may not be justifiable for my family's budget as there are so many unexplored places in the UK alone.
I am not sure if Lisa's trip would coincide with Craig's?
M
Old 06-28-2015, 07:00 PM
TE Expert

Default Possible TE meeting......

Hi Mariusz and Malgo,

Yes, Mariusz, like you I missed Lisa when she was in Ireland last time - but during her visit to Ireland she actually went away to mainland Europe for a couple of weeks too.

As far as I know, Craig and Tosca are planning a visit to Britain next year whereas Lisa might be coming to Ireland sometime in the next few months - this year.

But, yes, I agree: there's not a lot we can do until we hear when C & T are coming here - then we can perhaps make some plans.

Kind Regards,

John.