Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great scyntilla 2009-07-22 0:02

Merhaba Bülent Bey,
Köprü ışıklarının sakin bir anını yakalayıp uzun poz ile mükemmel bir kare yakalamışşısız. Genelde ışıklar hiç durmadan değişiyor zira. mavilik muhyteşem olmuş. Elinize sağlık.
Petek

Old 07-23-2009, 12:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Angshu: Honest critiques

Hello Angshu,

Thanks for your kind words and constructive critique. I entirely agree with your opinion on honest critiques.

I decided on the inclusion of those thin trunks, because I thought that there was a sort of "cathedral" effect, having a perspective from them towards the further ones on the bank of the lake and then on across the lake - there was an interesting soft light filtered through the leaves on to the grass in the FG. You are quite right in that a point of view closer to the lake would have given a more classic composition.

I did increase the saturation very slightly, but I was aiming for a softer over all effect.

Luko's method of sharpening worked well here, and tends to give good impact to a dullish image.

I will post the original image as a WS out of interest.

Please feel free to do a WS of your own, on either of the images, to show me your ideas.

Kind regards,

Peter..
Old 07-23-2009, 01:18 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Angshu: Honest critiques

I have done a small Workshop, peter, but in the 'limited' Picassa
But as I said, there's a difference between what you want to show & what the viewer perceives in a picture. Since you have seen the place with with your eyes & I haven't, I might be tempted to boost the colours/contrast as I've done here.
But do let me know what you feel
Kind regards
Angshu
Old 07-23-2009, 03:10 PM
TE Junior Member

Thanks for doing the WS, Angshu.

You have certainly brought out some more of the shadow detail, and improved the sharpness, especially on the bark of the trees.

In the original image which you used as the basis for your WS there was a strong green cast due to the light filtering down through the green leaves of the trees. I had made some adjustment for this in the PP on my posting.

Due to the increase in saturation in the WS, this greenness has now become a lot stronger, and perhaps I would like to see a shift back to a slightly warmer hue.

kind regards,

Peter.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:20 PM
TE Expert

I agree Peter...possibly history brush tool in PS would help in that regard. Unfortunately I have reached my limit for WSs for today, so can't try again!
But what I wanted to illustrated in the hurriedly done WS was how contrast/saturation can actually add to the visual punch of the image. If you're using PS, possibly you can use the Selective Colour function & increase the black slider for the colour Green. That would deepen the green colours. Worth a try...maybe that could look better in your eyes!
Kind Regards
Angshu