Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great weswang 2005-10-16 12:45

Hi Paul, I did this ride sometimes ago. I enjoyed the ride the view along the coast line. You did the ride in a good timing. I like the view of the sunset and the city. The wave created by the ferry and the flag show that the ferry was in a good speed. Good timing and nice frame. Well done.

Old 10-17-2005, 09:31 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To oochappan: gimmick

No problem at all with your opinion, I know you are more in a "classical" way, and I know too in TE there is a taste for something else.
I don't try to seak attention, you know, I just try to shot in the moment ,using the way I feel good for this picture.
The next will can be very different;we already spoke about that like a style.
Here, I wanted :
Keeping this particular lightening coming from behind, almost BW but not' it'sbecause I don't want to change in BW
Keeping this really esthetic inclinated posture of the man and angle of the boat
I wanted absolutely to crop the two angles of the sail and have a small part of sand
of course having the second man in the picture to equilibrate and keep the connection between us
This is original version,may be I could have had the complete second man while shooting, but the crop of the sail was no good for me.
Indeed, shooting with the complete second man could have been a security, we can always crop aftyer; here I cannot recreate body and head!
Thanks for your direct critic,they are too much few on TE; it's the only way to progress
Have a good day
Joel
Did you buy a 5D? First impressions?