Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great keithl 2006-06-22 7:50

Hi Vincent this a nice capture of the band. The name "Power death" reminds me of that band who played on an interplanetary scale in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

But I actually much prefer the workshop. That picture is full of intrigue: her position, the snatched feel, her exotic red dress against the ripped jeans and grubby trainers. I just think the whole thing is really good.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:09 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To robjol: Rain

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your comment! Yeah, everybody claims that there's a drought. Being from south south of France, I'm used to water bans and stuff, but to be honest, I struggle to understand the situation at the moment. Ok it hasn't been raining much for the last 12 months, (appart from the 4 last days...), but it looks so green all over the place! When you walk in the fields, it's all dampened. Is it that there is no water, or that people use too much water???
Nicolas
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To robjol: Rain

Hello Nicolas, thanks your reply, sometimes a person like myself, write some coments and forget to look again.
I am from Scotland, no such bans on water here,we get more than our share of rain,like yesterday, heavy all day.
from my understading,
In south england, more flat and heavy clay soil, so water runs off to the sea. Also much more population is south, all using washing machines etc.
Though the underground pipes are so old, some more that 100 years, not been maintained as they should have been,so much more water is lost in leaks from these old pipes,now catching up the waterboards, though they were happy to make huge profits in past and not return to the systems to maintain. Now the past couple years been not so much rain in south, storage is at low level. It will take some time for them to catch up. They do say they are working on that. In meantine charges keep going up, people complain.??
Regards, Rob.