Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great EstudioChispa 2014-10-03 13:46

Hello Don Jose!

This is a great shot, and either presentation shows an interesting scene in a creative way.

Only because you ask, I offer my opinion. The workshop version is superior mostly due to the fact that it raises the central horizontal line (the small stone wall and the woman) closer to a "thirds" line. Sometimes, I feel that I am a slave to the Rule of Thirds, and I do not want to be an evangelist for it, but here, it produces a more balanced composition. In the main version, it seems the top 2/3-to-3/4 of the frame is heavy, dense, and does not contribute sufficiently to the composition.

Have you tried dodging both the woman and the main piece of sculpture (the "cross" piece)? I will try to find time to play with this shot and if I can add some highlighting to the woman and sculpture, I will post a workshop, too!

Best regards,

Russ Ham
Austin, Texas

Old 11-05-2014, 07:45 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To holmertz: Hello Gert

Hello Gert,
thank you very much, I'm really glad you like this picture. I'm proud of it because I saved it from doom and learned something while working on it.
I had only a few minutes to take pictures there, tried to be as fast as possible, had the wrong settings, the scene was in the shade and the sky was glowing. I liked the scene though and may have to wait a couple of decades for the house to be painted again so that I get another chance I tried everything I knew in editing but nothing seemed to work, the colours were too flat and the contrast couldn't be raised because of the glow. So, for the first time I played with colour balance and was very happy with the result. As usual, I found this picture in a file while looking for another photo and worked on it a lot during the last couple of days
I really appreciate your kind words!
All the best,
Ourania