Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2020-06-07 5:57

Hello John,

Considering the awful weather that we experienced, this is a very clear and bright photograph. Perhaps, just for a few moments, the rain relented!

I love how well you have positioned Will; his body language suggests he is scrutinising the well dressing and it creates an irresistible urge for viewers to follow his lead.

The well dressing is in pristine condition, the petals have not begun to deteriorate and the colours are bright. It makes an excellent focal point, crisp and interesting.

The old hall, in the b/g, really sets the sense of place. Tissington is so resistant to the changes of time that we could almost believe we had stepped back in time.

Is it raining in Scotland?
It has just ceased here but we have had plenty of rain this morning.
Thanks for sharing this, Bev :-)

Old 06-07-2020, 02:32 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Weather.....

Hello Bev,

Thank you for your kind words yet again!

No, this isn't Tissington Hall in the background of the main picture with Will - that's just a house on a corner a short distance from the Hall - you can see the location on the map. But the workshop photo of Jasmine has the back part of the Hall in the background!

No, Bev, it's not raining here just now - and I hope it's not going to either as I've just put a second coat of gloss paint on our back door! We had a little light rain yesterday but Thursday and Friday we had continuous rain both days. The ground certainly needed it - but the ground's already soaked it all up and is gasping for more!

That was a fun meeting in Buxton, wasn't it? I really enjoyed those evenings in the Queen's Head, scoffing pints with Len, Will, Claude and Mike - and you ladies too - but I fear it's going to be a long time before we can think of doing that again.

Take care.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:40 PM
TE Expert

Default Old Hall

Hi John,

It was good fun!
The old pub was a great place to have as our digs and watering hole.

Yes, I know that wasn't Tissington Hall, I have photographs of it and explored it with, I think, Jasmine.
That building just seemed too big to call a house!

We were desperate for rain.
That's hard to believe in Lancashire, especially where we live, with Pendle Hill to the west.
The clouds rise over Pendle and dump their rain on us!
Still, the gardens have been very appreciative of the rain and the trees have stopped wilting!

Take care, Bev