Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2021-06-29 8:58

Hello Gert,
I remember that during my first trip to Scandinavia in 1980 my guidebook paid attention to Sergels Torg. I didn't understand why. During my slightly more extensive visit of Stockholm in 2011, I passed there again and wondered if I was really obliged to take a picture of it ...
I don't remember if I did, but certainly none made it to my final series on Stockholm.
I'm glad that the square has been decorated a lot more this summer. It surely became much more colourful.
I see that a lot of pigeons feel at home there.
The undulating seats in the front nicely break up the rather serious character of the square. I don't know how things can go in Stockholm. But when such seats were placed in Brussels, they were immediately occupied by homeless people all day and night while the square turned into a collecting area for empty cans (without taking into account the available trash cans). Fortunately, Swedes have a greater sense of responsibility.
Best regards, Paul

Old 06-29-2021, 04:51 PM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: responsibility?

Thank you Paul,
but what on earth do you men with "Swedes have a greater sense of responsibility"? Have you seen any squares or parks in Stockholm after a major holiday in the warmer part of the year? They make me sick.
Best regards,
Gert
Old 06-29-2021, 06:12 PM
TE Expert

Hi Gert,

No I haven't been in Sweden during or after a major holiday.
But have you ever looked at an ordinary Brussels street without a special event taking place?
That while employees of the municipality are constantly cleaning up.

Kind regards,
Paul