Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-04-19 1:28

Good morning Gert,

Another two lovely photographs from what appears to me to be a very pleasant city to visit, particularly as the people in both pictures all appear quite content with life, especially the young lady on the right in your workshop image who is giving you a great big smile! I've no idea what political part those people are representing but they all seem quite content and to lack the unpleasantness which seems to afflict so many groups of political activists. And that's a jolly photo too, helped not only by the happy natures of the people but also by the bright yellow umbrellas!

I like your main photo too and I can imagine that these two violinists could have been quite a joy to hear. They look quite composed and serious, as also does the man holding the young child, but their music scores read "Tango" so I can imagine the music might have been quite quick and rousing.

The red shirt and red interior of the case definitely add splashes of colour here - but is that in fact a violin case? And what is inside it? Those long things look too small and short to be violin bows and the case isn't the usual shape either. There is a case behind one of the players next to the fence - maybe this one was for their music stands? And I wonder if anyone was tossing coins into the case for them?

Anyway, I've ranted on too long. Two delightful and colourful photographs of excellent quality which I am sure bring back memories for you of a very pleasant visit to a very pleasant place.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:35 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: I think it was driven.....

Hello Gert,

Thank you again for your kind words!

Yes, I do share with you the disappointment I have at seeing highly restored and polished vehicles arriving at rallies either on a trailer or in a container of some sort as it implies that they are never driven and used for the purpose for which they were originally intended. I suppose that equates to owning a painting by one of the Great Masters and squirrelling it away in a bank vault so no-one else can see it or enjoy it. However, having seen this car at several rallies, I do believe it does arrive here "under its own steam" - or, rather, petrol! I believe this car's owner lives in Dunfermline, perhaps about 50 miles distant, so probably a fine trip for it.

I do take my own old car to this rally and I drive it there and back. One advantage is that by taking your own old car and displaying it you avoid the £5 entry fee charged to members of the public! And you can take a pal along with you free of charge. And, if it starts to rain you can sit in your car and keep dry with a snack or a good book.

Kind Regards,

John.