Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-21-2005, 02:18 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Why is TE entertaining ?

Trek Earth can also be therapeutic.

My deceased husband & I had a ritual of morning coffee's and watching the world go by on Trekearth before we went out to our isolated shellfish farm. This gave us hours of conversation and exploring our own past travels and thoughts about the world while working at mundane & labour intensive tasks. Both being sociologists at heart and interested in a sustainable world Trekearth is a great resource for learning about the world and photography.

Since his passing I'm having a more difficult time taking pictures but I still have followed thru with my morning rituals. Looking at Jeff's favorite images and memories of our inspirations together has helped me allot. Seeing new images has been refreshing & positive. It has been therapeutic for me in my silence and once in a while I can step out into that world again. More as time & healing passes.

I would of been sadden more if I had been cut off from Trekearth due to my own personal tragedy & active absence. For years I have used photography as a therapeutic tool when working with children & families.

This time photography has returned the favor. ;-)It is a good thing in life.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Banned

Jean this is one of the most striking participations I've ever read in a forum thread.
I wish you to continue having good time here and find more healing through photographic art.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:41 PM
TE Senior Member

Reading your entry, Jean, I was deeply touched and felt my own reasons for participation at Trek Earth as rather superfluous.

But then I read in my own intro "Slowly I came to turns with the site - which was important - and understood that this could be my 'cup of tea', as I've always have been rather interested in photography. I also needed to participate in a social environment, use and keep up my English and 'work nights' - all things lost when retiring."

And realized that this is what TrekEarth does. It's filling a 'hole'!

Thanks for reminding me, Jean!