Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2013-07-27 2:05

Namaste dear Indrasish

So this is where you went to college? What a great step back in time for you and interesting for us to know more about you. A really cool scene, with superb definition and colour. The black frame suits it well too.

Warmest wishes
Lisa

Old 07-27-2013, 01:08 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To daddo: Hello Klaudio

Hello dear Klaudio,
thank you very much for this comment and interpretation! This is exactly what I think when I walk in these parts where dramatic war events occurred. And these parts and the remains are so many on Leros, such a part of our daily life scenery, that one is constantly reminded of the drama, the folly and the vanity. Actually the decision to give a battle on Leros has been called Churchill's Folly because so many lives and funds were wasted. There's a book with the same name by Anthony Rogers.
I'm interested in the dramatic personal stories of so many people from so many nations who found themselves on this tiny remote island to fight for or defend shifting causes. Children and grandchildren of soldiers (mostly Italians, who stayed here much longer) come to see the place they've heard so much about from their grandfathers. There are so many stories...
The photo is about the sea and the distance between the islands too
Thank you again!
All the best,
Ourania