Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Dubsie 2006-12-26 4:09

Hi Sabyasachi,
Your photographs are so good that I really feel words are unnecessary, technically perfect...images that are so complete in themselves. Yet another lovely piece of work...one that resonates. :)
TFS,
Durba
PS: From you I learn how to be so perfect...

Old 12-23-2006, 03:54 AM
TE Expert

Default To stego: No man is an island...

How do I celebrate the holiday season? I was born in Turkey, predominantly Islam. I attended school in England (Anglican), then Episcopal school, St. Andrew's (site of the film 'Dead Poets Society') in the United States. My first degree was at Georgetown University (Catholic); I also studied at Princeton, Oxford, etc. and practice a field -- theoretical physics -- with a preponderance of Jews; I married a Protestant (Methodist). My daughter married a Catholic young man who is 50% Japanese. My son married a beautiful blond Jewish girl who looks Swedish. I personally like to be safe on all sides. I think the early Greeks had it right -- Zeus, Athena, Venus, ...

Perhaps the photo looks like the man at http://www.bulentatalay.com

Warm regards,
Bulent
Old 12-26-2006, 04:35 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Truly a man of the world! :-)

Hello Bulent,
You never cease to surprise me. Since I have seen a photo of you and read the note on it, calling the atention of the reader to the geometric details, I understood you were someone with varied interests and knowledges. That proves more and more true as time passes. Now I see that the story of your life and the composition and your family is much in accordance with the rest.
I am really glad I have the honor of knowing you and having the oportunity to ecahnge ideas with you.
Warm regards,
José.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:01 AM
TE Expert

It has been a pleasure to meet you on TE. You have varied interest, and I have enjoyed both the photos you've posted and the review of my photos. There really is an amazing amount of photographic and artistic talent on display, and clearly some people with the immense number of points for their pictures have maintained their enthusiasm. Some of them are professionals, but some of the amateurs have posted photos every bit as good as the pros. I recently came across the photos of a fellow named "Izzet" who is Turkish (I've made him one of my recent "favorites") he is just as eager to improve after using a camera for fity years, as some of the young student photogrars (e.g. girl named "Leanne").

A few weeks ago, in seeing a photo I posted from 30 years ago at Oxford, Andrew Coppin wrote to me and said that his father had been a graduate student at Oxford all those years ago. He asked me if I knew a theoretical physicist named "Sir Rudolf Peierls," his grandfather. Peierls was my mentor, hero and good friend who died about ten years ago -- the brilliant head of the department of theoretical physics at Oxford University in the 60s and 70s.

Several people have indicated that they have (or are going to purchase my book). If my work can catalyze interest in a few people, it would be gratification enough for me.

But again, it's been a pleasure to meet you at this hobby site.

Bulent
Old 12-26-2006, 09:33 PM
TE Expert

Hello Bulent,

You are right about the quantity of interesting photos and people we "meet" in TE. That story about your old teacher is truly interesting. I haven't experienced nothing like it, but when I did one of my early posts, with a cafe in Nepal, the owner of that cafe was also a recent member of TE. Both of us got a bit excited with the coincidence. Sadly he was using TE only to promote his business, so I guess that was the reason for his account being disabled.

I am also an admirer of Izzet's work.

As for your book, it is already in my wish list of Amazon. I just didn't order it already because my wife would prefer to read it in Portuguese. Have you any news of the Portuguese edition?

Best Regards,
José.