Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great fabbs99 2013-09-16 20:32

Hello David,

Brilliant image of the lake and the misty mountains. Lovely colors and exposure. Good sharpness, contrast and perspective, beautiful colors. Very good management of light and sharpness. TFS.

Regards
Farhat

Old 09-20-2013, 06:37 PM
TE Senior Member

Smile To Noel_Byrne: Is there anything to do about that sky?

I agree with you -- the gray sky is wholly inert. I hope that it serves to balance, even slightly, the mass of the sculpture in the bottom half of the frame, but I wish there had been some clouds or color that day!

In the past, when I've tried to "doctor" a blank sky like this, I have produced unsatisfactory results. Do you have any suggestions?

As always, thanks for the inspiration. I hope to return to La Paz before the end of the year with a few new tricks and at least one new tool! Meanwhile, I will return to the Umlauf Sculpture Garden for practice!

Best regards,

Russ
Austin, Texas
Old 09-20-2013, 07:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Default The sky

hi Russ,

I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea how to manipulate the sky, other than the basics of changing light and shadow, to be honest, I'm not very good with post processing and only do the very basics. I did try once of twice to follow the online tutorials, but the results were horrific, so now I use the mantra that the sky is as it is meant to be (great excuse!!). For this shot though, it works perfectly, as you say it balances the sculpture perfectly. Sorry cant offer any advice on this.
Great to see you post again!
Cheers from Ireland
Noel