Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great shachar 2005-10-19 13:44

amazing pic'!
do you have the expoture detales?
shachar

Old 10-19-2005, 09:02 PM
TE Expert

Default To SophieL: It's true, people are ignoring me...

and that's exactly the way I want it, at least when I'm doing street photography. I enjoy portraiture but those people who've invited me into their lives wouldn't take kindly to my sharing those photos on the internet. (I'd love to share with you the photo montages I do quite regulary with an array of portraits taken over a lengthy "sitting." They are among my best work in my humble opinion.) Occasionally, as with this singer, there are public events when it is considered acceptable to make anonymous contact through a camera lens. This beautiful woman certainly enjoyed my attention.

As you well know, America is not like Southeast Asia where folks gaze at the camera happily as their photo is taken. Yet even there, Luko, for example, is inclined to give us an intimate though oblique look at the world. I like the idea of being anonymous with my camera, of catching people unaware as they go about their lives. This most often happens when they're NOT looking at me, even when they are facing me. So you might say this is a conscious choice, a preference for a certain kind of photography. But like many on this website, my play/work behind the camera is ever evolving, often affected by what I discover from others at this website. Such fun!