Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2013-12-03 13:14

Hi bev,

Firstly, an inteersting note. And, yes, I do wonder just how long postboxes in small rural areas like this will survive. A bit like telephone boxes - they are still disappearing fast. I don't know quite what can be done to preserve postboxes - at least with the telephone boxes they are usually found to be unused and that's what apparently decides whether they're going to be removed or not: I remember I once found a website which told you how many telephone boxes in Lanarkshire had never had a telephone call made from them in a whole year - I thought it might be a good idea on my travels just to pop into one occasionally and make a single call now and again! I must say that I never quite got around to doing it!

To your picture. This is a nicely composeed shot with the curve of firstly the road and then the shoreline leading the eye well into the distance to the horizon. The picture is nicely divided into "thirds" (Peter would approve!) and the little mailbox stands out proudly against the pure white wall. What really amazes me is that you still have roses in bloom in mid-November! - and they are perfectly placed in the frame too, balancing the red postbox perfectly.

A beautiful shot from rural Scotland!

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I hope that your kitchen repairs are now all over in readiness for Christmas dinner! :o)

Old 12-04-2013, 07:47 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: telephone boxes

Good morning John,
thanks for your critique, considered and gracious as always. I smiled at your cunning plan to make calls for phone boxes. I shall have to join you in that! The kitchen is finished and I have shopped for Christmas cake ingredients, so will bake today or tomorrow.
Bev