Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2022-01-25 10:57

Hello Beverley,
In the photo in the WS we can indeed see that not only the design of the opening for the window but also the glass itself has a different shape.
The question is why this is only the case with one window and not with all or at least with all the windows of the first floor.
It probably won't be because there was only a budget for one window :)
Does this small town have a tourist office?
The ivy and mosses that grow on the wall and facade are a good expression of the green environment in which the house stands and form a beautiful foreground. This is best shown in your main photo.
Best regards, Paul

Old 01-26-2022, 09:27 AM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: Tourist Office

Thank you for your warm critique, Paul.

I had to smile at your question regarding a tourist office. There is not even a shop, that we could find, though we did later learn that it had a pub. (The one we found and hoped to utilise was under renovation! We did find a lovely pub on our way home, which served delicious food and drinks.)

The nearby town of Settle (equally amusing name) is much more touristy and has all the expected facilities for such a place.

Kind regards,
Bev :-)
Old 01-26-2022, 09:14 PM
TE Expert

Hello Beverley,

My question may indeed have seemed odd.
I had already read that Giggleswick was very small, but I thought of the smallest town in Belgium, Durbuy, which has a center with only about 400 inhabitants, but which does have a tourist information office, hotels and restaurants.

Durbuy, however, is a town that is visited a lot.
I have no idea how well known Gigglewick is in England but it may have a similar fame. So it seemed possible to me that there was a tourist office.

Kind regards,
Paul