Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Useful notes or ignored notes

as for the useful or not useful aspect, i always will choose one or the other. its a tool provided by TE, so i utilize it as much as possible. I like to get feedback if my critiques are useful for others.
Craig
Old 12-17-2009, 05:23 AM
TE Expert

To Longroute about pressing the "useful" button, and not writing a critique, in his discussion of 4-12-09 at 12h46.
I often do that if I haven't got much time, just to let the photographer know that I am interested in his photo and note!
I can't see the point of writing a critique to someone I don't know, because 9 times out of 10, I never get any feedback, either from writing a critique or just pressing the "useful" button!
Cari Saluti!
Marie Louise.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:11 AM
TE Junior Member

I can't see the point of writing a critique to someone I don't know, because 9 times out of 10, I never get any feedback

Do you only write a critique in order to get a feedback?........ :)
Old 12-17-2009, 02:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Notes are useful for me. I don't read them all the time but most times I do. And I'll revisit the photos & notes if I'm interested to visit those places. A member like Bulent on the other hand writes entertaining & educational notes ... always a pleasure to read. On my part writing notes help me to know more about the places I had visited ... yes funny but writing about them help me to reinforce certain memories, place names, and even seeing something I didn't see before in my own photos.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:29 PM
TE Expert

To Alexander (17-12-09 1h11)! By feddback, I don't necessarily mean critiques and points for MY photos, but some sort of acknowledgement that he appreciates my critiques!
To tell you the truth, yes, I find TE interesting because you can have discussions with members! If there are only monologues about beautiful photographs, I am not interested!
Best wishes!
Marie Louise.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:28 PM
TE Newbie

I read the notes if it looks like the person made an effort to say something useful - either about the location or the technique. I joined TE because I used to get a lot of travel ideas and find new, interesting places from reading the notes on interesting photos. If the note is useful (if I learn something/anything), I click it.

On the other hand, if you're posting the Eiffel Tower, it is probably just OK to leave it blank, unless you know something about it that isn't in 200 other notes already.

If you're worried about your language skills, pasting interesting information from Wiki or elsewhere should be fine, too. The idea is to share/teach/learn something.