Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2021-09-27 5:17

Hello Paul,

This is like stepping back in time!
I taught infant children before I retired and these images are definitely characteristic of of what would be produced, quite incidentally, particularly by girls! When framed on the walls, this was the type of colourful, optimistic display that would ensue!
On seeing this, which is so innocent and eye-catching, I wish I had taken photographs, to brighten my kitchen cupboards!
I hope that it focuses adults to work diligently, towards saving the planet for this generation!

I had never heard the word zeitgeist, before ... translated, it seems to be the Spirit of the Age.

Thank you for this,
Bev :-)

Old 09-27-2021, 01:45 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Zeitgeist vs spirit of the age

Thank you Beverley,

I admit I was a bit surprised when I found the word 'zeitgeist' as translation for the Dutch word 'tijdgeest'.
In Belgium in Dutch, 'zeitgeist' and 'tijdgeest' are used interchangeably.

So I thought it might be the case in English too.
Upon inspection, it appears that several sites in English on internet also use that word for 'spirit of the age'.

But as a true English person, you will know better that the word is not used in the language of native English speakers. I will correct it in my note.

Thank you very much to inform me.

Kind regards,
Paul