Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great P-S-I-G 2006-03-14 15:41

Re-bonsoir Nicole,

Il y a pas mal de monuments aux morts très dignes d'intérêt d'un point de vue artistique. Souvent, ils sont marqués par l'orientation politique du village au lendemain de la guerre. Les communes dirigées par des maires plutôt militaristes auront des monuments très patriotiques, celles dirigées par des maires pacifistes auront plutôt des monuments qui insistent sur la souffance, la mort voire carrément anti-guerre (c'est plus rare).

Ici, clairement, c'est la mort et la souffrance.
Belle photo. C'est vrai que son sujet a un lien direct avec la mienne. Je pense qu'on a peut-être créer un thème pour TE. Qu'en penses-tu ?
Bonne lumière. La couronne d'arbres (qui semblent se donner la main) qui entoure la monument renforce l'idée de recueillement, plus que le monument un peu nu de ma photo. Tu as un ciel fantastique.
Bravo et merci.
Amicalement,
Fabrice

Old 03-15-2006, 07:00 AM
TE Expert

Default To singuanti: Good Evening

Well there is a little softness in the foreground in this photo. The f stop was f5 and at 1/100th of a second so I am not sure what happened there. Perhaps Daniel Walsh is just trying to raz me a little. Thanks for stopping by. Nice west coast photo in your gallery today. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:07 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To singuanti: Good Evening

Who me???? Raz'ing? 'NEVER' - Hahaha....
Just some constructive criticism- nothing meant to harm....
hahahahah

Cheers
"Bully" Dan
Old 03-15-2006, 08:54 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To singuanti: Good Evening from Paul

You know I think I am starting to figure out this Dan fella over in that God forsaken land of Singapore. The poor fella has to work all day in a foreign land where nobody looks like him...and perhaps looks at him kind of strange like too. So what does he do to recover from this feeling of alienation? He has to resort to Trek earth photos...checks out his home land of famous BC and gets his home fix! Perhaps I should send him a BC care package of Canadian cookies in the shape of a Maple Leaf! Maybe he needs some Chilliwack water too. That might help him cope with life over there on a day to day existance! Poor boy Dan..stuck in some concrete jungle high rise!!! HahaAhahahahahahahahahahahahhaah
Old 03-15-2006, 09:06 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To singuanti: Good Evening from Paul

No cookies please- I'm on a diet, but could really go for some good old Canadian "Mad Cow" beef jerky. Maybe some ice cold Molsons to booooot. Only Canadian beer I can get over here is Moosehead.
Yes, I am in desperate need of some time in Canuck land.... only 157 days left before I board my plane for BC. until then- you'll have to suffer through my qwirkyness... hahaha..

All the best!
- Dan