Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2021-06-27 10:28

These boats may be just a tasteless tourist attraction but it's hard not to fall in love with this photo where the boat adds this lovely splash of colour and the reflection is also very nice. Great choice of portrait format to make the most of the lovely clouds and colours in the sky.
I must admit, and that surprised many people that know me, including myself - I almost enjoyed the first four months of the lockdown, being confined to my garden and local park (lucky I live where I live), but the trouble was I needed to see my very ill father (who passed away in September for nothing to do with Covid). For the last 12 months I've flown, on average, once a month, mainly to Poland. I was terribly scared on my first "pandemic" flight but I got used to the feeling to the point that I became quite blaze about it (which Gert can confirm). I think flights are safer than anything else you do, once you arrive at your destination. And going to Asia... that is a totally different thing as well. As I said, I wish I could donate my vaccine to those people there.
Have a nice week
Kasia

Old 06-27-2021, 05:39 PM
TE Expert

Default To kasianowak: The vaccines

Thank you Kasia,

I think you need to have the vaccine.
If you will not be vaccinated, you can always unintentionally act as an intermediary for the virus on its way to third persons who you will ever meet.
Wanting the vaccine is also an act of concern for your fellow man.

I do agree that we should try to help all the poor parts in the world with vaccines as quickly as possible and not just rely on sufficient vaccinations in our own country.

Kind regards,
Paul
Old 06-27-2021, 08:23 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Vaccine

I agree - vaccine is good for most people who take it.

Another problem - I'm being told that the vaccines we have taken are only going to last for one year. How will people in India etc. EVER be able to get to he front of the vaccine queue if the West will want another two rounds in a few months??
Old 06-27-2021, 08:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Vaccine

PS. You've just said that even vaccinated people spread the virus... and you mentioned quite a high number of vaccinated people in Belgium who had it. So where is does the concern for other people come in when it comes to vaccinations? It's best not to travel at all, but also avoid bars, restaurants, crowded places in general, at least for now. And work from home.