Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2021-06-27 7:14

Hi Kasia,

I do not agree with your interpretation of the picture. The photographed woman looks like an Indian in salwar kameez. I do not remember Indian women wearing such hats. also, they are very careful about all pieces of the garderobe, and the scarf does not match. On the other hand, the photographer looks typical Chinese. But it is of course only my opinion.
As to the monk, I have often seen them taking photos so it is not such a rare scene. See here:
https://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Myanmar/South/Bago//photo1338304.htm
Such colour of the robe they have in Tibet, Myanmar or Bhutan.
Nice pictures.
I checked my photos from the Taj Mahal. My friends are in overshoes, but many people are barefoot or in socks.
Best regards MAlgo

Old 06-27-2021, 03:25 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To emka: Who is who

Thank you for your comments Malgo! I love these TE discussions we have. :-)
It's not a typically dressed Indian lady, the design of her salwar kameez is not completely traditional I think - note the collar and the lack of patterns. She was also wearing a western cardigan. Another thing (one of those awkward colour-management issues) - on my calibrated Lacie, the colour and hue of the scarf are the same as those of the lady's cardigan. But on my Mac laptop (to which the Lacie is attached and I can see both screens) the scarf looks pink!). And I don't think she would have given her handbag to a random Chinese woman to hold (the strap of the bag is much too long to belong to the person with the camera).
But it's easy for me to say, because I saw the face of the "photographer" and the exchange of the said items of clothing before and after the photo session! :-) So it's not a matter of interpretation.
I didn't think the monk taking photos was a rare scene at all. I'd seen that in Burma, Japan, Bhutan etc. Monks with cameras, monks with smartphones, just name it. I took a photo because I thought he looked photogenic with his red robe on greyish background. To be honest though - I only noticed his matching overshoes today when preparing the photo for this upload!
Have a great week.
Kasia