To Waylim: Bosque Artist - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great smash2707 2006-10-28 11:52

Hi Mario. your pictures make me want to go to the Dominican Republic. Nice perspective, excellent sharpness, good light and beautiful colors. Well done, Yvonne

PS: You just placed it in the wrong country ;-)

Old 09-02-2009, 02:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Waylim: Bosque Artist

Hello Way -

Thank you for the comments they are greatly appreciated. When I took this I was on a recon trip to the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge. I was down in Albuquerque for a photo class on Saturday and on Sunday I drove the 90 miles south on I-25 to check this place out because my wife and I wanted to visit in January. It is a wonderful refuge with the cranes and snow geese as well as the other birds. I had my 200-400 f/4 zoom mounted and I was still in the learning mode with this lens and I thought this might make a nice image but I didn't want to fiddle with my lenses. After I shot this picture I talked with the woman and she didn't mind the pictures. A wider view would not have shown the scene she was painting. The scene you see her sketching (chalk was the medium) is off to the right down the levee. She had the easel set for the side light but she normally works off her right side rather than face on, I guess it has something to do with perspective and developing the depth in her scenes.

Probably more than you wanted to know. Thank you again for the comments.

John