All together with the Burmese people - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-26-2007, 04:02 PM
TE Expert

Default All together with the Burmese people

I just created a theme gathering all photos in support of the freedom's movement of the burmese people and monks: All together with the Burmese people .

Please join in with photos dedicated and linked to that very important theme. it might not do much to help but at least, we do our share with our little means...
Old 09-26-2007, 04:23 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: All together with the Burmese people

it does help, eric - i'm sure - somehow it helps
good job!
dora
Old 09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
TE Expert

thank you Dora for your support to THEM!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM
TE Expert

I see you have taken shots from other posting periods. feel free to add one of my shots from Burma, Eric. I let you choose.

I hope to be wrong, but I sense it may not be yet the defining moment of liberation, and will fizzle out soon. The reason being NO ONE in the world is handling the matter as with past oppressive systems, the burmese people are on the whole being let down by the international community.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:29 PM
TE Expert

Just learning that monks have been shot and lay dead. What about, just for one little time, stop the giving and receiving of points everyone is so enamored with, and simply write in a very short comment, akin to a minute of silence on any Myanmar pix you wish. this way, instead of having shots with 60pts and some with 5 pts, we all have a real communion of spirit for the unfortunate burmese, instead of unequal attention and reward for the few who may feel as deeply, but are not so favorited. I tend to think the quality of pictures is here quite unimportant. The thoughts and wishes much more.

Thanks in any case,

H
Old 09-26-2007, 05:30 PM
TE Expert

I am afraid you are right although a friend of mine working at the European parliament is telling me they are working on a new resolution on the issue... It all depends mostly on the attitude China is going to have in the matter i'm afraid...

Let's keep up the optimism though!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:31 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Russia

taken from:
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/news/2007/09/burma_protests_wednesday.html
an continuing Blog about the siuation.
"Just hours before a UN meeting on Burma, Russia said that international pressure against the military rulers would be "counterproductive." "
France is Holding the meeting, I hope people in France are putting pressure on anyone they know.
I hope I misunderstand the Russian response, politics and diplomacy always have more layers of understanding, but unless they are putting pressure on the Junta, they either want to trade their Vote tonight for another issue (plenty at the moment, Syria, Iran) or they want to cover their rear end, expecting the Junta to win again and kill more people. The Chinese have a more balanced view, a complete surprise this time. And the Chinese are not so deep in trading votes for issues. The outcome will be more than just the freedom for the Birmese Peoples, Diplomats will see a new power rise, and Russia is taking a huge gamble.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM
TE Expert

We may try but i am not sure all TE members would adhere to the game...or even take the time to read what's going on...

good thought though!
Eric
Old 09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Russia

thank you david for keeping us uptodate!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:38 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Carefull!! BIRMESE PEOPLE MIGHT GET HURT

Herve,

Careful with this. If someone who lives there gets political reactions he could be compromised!!!

BIRMESE PEOPLE MIGHT GET HURT IF YOU WRITE THEM UNWANTED POLITICAL STATEMENTS!!!

-please be careful, this is an emotional issue for some, but it is real life for the people out there. If soemone is not choosing to take part, an unwanted reaction might hurt them.
If you realy want to help, contact the political parties in your country, human right organisations or anyone who has some political and media power.