Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Zivko 2008-12-13 0:57

Kalimera Vicky!
This photo has a very strong influence to me. Now I am listening Zina Peggy - Matono and feel some sadness and nostalgia, although I don't understand what she sings, but it's a sad song. I saw Hussein wrote that this beautiful sunset reacalls the songs of Demis Roussos. It's the same to me too. Thank you for sharing that lovely photo woth us!
With best wishes!
Zivko

Old 12-14-2008, 02:11 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To downer: funeral scene

Hi Ionna,

I understand your point.

First, as you get it, the cremation is totally blurred (on purpose of course!).

Second, I am not taking a picture of the funeral scene but of a saddhu in a temple where the do cremation (actually 5 of them at the same time).

Third, you may need to be there (in Nepal and in that temple) to understand the way they all behave with these subjects. I really do not think the picture was an issue for anyone. I did not take a picture of the Saddhu by chance as a snapshot. I talk with him for few hours before doing anything. It was a big crowd as they all wanted me to take picture of the cremation (which I did not). I took that one which is a compromise in my view and more subjective.

Thanks for your views,

Cheers from Hong Kong.

Michel