Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-08-2016, 11:52 AM
TE Junior Member

Default speed?

Is anyone else having problems with a very slow response on TE?
It is taking a long time for pictures, critiques etc to upload. Very frustrating!
Old 05-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Jean, is this problem persisting for you?
Old 05-10-2016, 08:31 AM
TE Expert

Default TE website slow to respond.....

Hello Jean and Joel,

Yes, I'm having trouble too.

When uploading photographs, the main problem is that the image appears but any written notes often just vanish. I have managed to circumvent that to some extent by making sure that I always copy my note in its entirety before uploading - that way I can go to "manage" and re-enter the note but it is very irritating, especially when you have taken considerable time and effort to compose a meaningful note.

Also annoying is that camera exif data (shutter speed, aperture, etc.) have not displayed properly for several months.

But probably the most annoying thing from my point of view is that, when typing critiques, the website is very slow to respond and letters and words are missing and I have to go back and correct every single word at times. And I am certainly not a fast typist. Perhaps a bandwidth problem? I don't know because I'm no IT expert!

These are just a few of the many, probably minor, irritations at the moment but it worries me that these annoyances might well be the reason that so many previously active TE members have recently either become much less active or have unfortunately left the site altogether. And it's such a shame because, having been a member here on TE for almost ten years, I have made very many good friends and have also been inspired by some wonderful photographs too.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Default reply re speed

Things do seem to have improved, so fingers crossed that it stays that way.
I will let you know if the problem happens again.
Sometimes I do not know whether it is my computer or the programme.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:00 PM
TE Junior Member

Default reply re speed

I agree with much that 'tyro' states. It is a great pity that we have lost so many excellent photographers to other sites.
I really enjoy this site, and I do not want to see it flounder.As John says, seeing all the shots from all over the world is really inspiring as well as educational.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Administrator

I will attempt to post a new photo on my end and try to replicate the typing speed issue. As I do this, Jean and John, could you see if there are any ads on the page when it's slow and send me screenshots of them?

It's often the case that it's an ad causing the slowness, which is a pretty easy fix, en generale.