Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Juzo 2011-02-07 5:12

Hi Alber,
You always bring something quirky from the daily life of Armenia to here, something we see so little of, and I enjoy it.. be nice to see more...I am still working out how you took this..very quirky and cool.
Cheers
Justin

Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 PM
TE Expert

Default To MJR: Should have added a larger version too!

Thank you, Martin, for your kind remarks about this one. In retrospect, what I should have done is to add a larger version as well, something which I have never done on a "vertical panorama" though I have done it with horizontal ones.

However, with horizontal panoramas, I have always uploaded images composed of several pictures joined or "stitched" in PhotoMerge in Photoshop, never just used a single picture. With the 5D, no doubt you would have pixels in plenty to do just that - a single photograph, I mean.

Of course, if I'd had my wits about me when I took this shot, I should have taken several images at a longer focal length, then stitched them to make a full-size vertical panorama. That way people would have been able to see more clearly that there are, in fact, two people sitting together on the left just above the mid-point of the picture!

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 AM
TE Junior Member

Default 5d pano

John
As ever, interesting what you say...

My sunset picture is indeed a pano crop out of the original, not a stitch. It is, I think, why I can't load a larger version, not on TE terms anyway, that I am happy with, the definition goes to pot. I will try again, but the other night, nothing I tried worked to my satisfaction.

I had not thought about loading a large version of vertical panorama, but indeed you can ! Romana has joined the bookmark club, and very successfully. She loaded a large version, which works, as her bookmark is indeed a stitch. You might say a stitch up, being vertical !

I did spot the people on yours, but the 4000p version would be better, for sure.

My meaning on yours was a curiosity to see more out side the frame, to which end a WS of your uncut photo would be useful. Perverse really, enthuse about the bookmark style, and then want the rest. Never happy !

You know, we will get all this photo stuff sorted just so, and then poof ! we'll be gone ! Or is my glass only half full today ?!!!

gloom laden regards !

Martin ( its nearly the w/e ! )