Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good daddo 2006-05-16 6:01

Hi Nhat. Lovely composition. Great mood and who wouldn't want to relax at such a beautiful place. Pity about the grainy look. Regards, Klaudio

Old 03-27-2006, 02:32 PM
TE Expert

Default To Ramy: Greetings from Houston

Hi Ramy:
I appreciate your critique on my photo, as well as the kind words from a person from Iraq — the country I always had the thirsty to visit.
You are the first friend I met who are from such a country with many secrets to discover and a quite different culture to experience...

I have asked many of my friends who have been to Iraq how can I plan a trip but I didn't not get the proper advice or answer. Have you come back to Iraq recently, and how did you arrange your trip? I hope to receive some tips from you if a quick visit to Baghdad is not too complicated to map out. Thank you in advance for all info and help from you.
Sincerely,

Thanh Nguyen
Old 05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Ramy: Greetings from Houston

Hi Thanh,
I am sorry, for such a late reply but I just saw your msg.
I am really happy to get a msg from you. About Traveling to Bagdad, well its not a really good time at the moment, I advice you to at least wait for the government to become one which they say is going to happen soon. By that time, the government will be much more powerful and the voilance will drop hopefully.
I have not returned to Iraq since 1996 and been mostly in Malaysia and UAE (Both very wonderful place). It seems you are interested in Iraq's history, which makes me really happy, because the first civilization in the world at 5000BC was in the land known as Iraq now, so I can assure you that Iraq's History and People wont disapoint you. :)
About planning your trip to Iraq, Well I just know that there is a flight from Dubai to Bagdad 3times a week. And its very important to learn more about Iraq's culture because you might never know who you might insult, and at such a time of war its the last thing you want to do.
Regards, Ramy.
PS: Sorry about not being able to help you plan your trip to Iraq.