Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement Jeronimo 2008-09-23 14:35

I think it's very dangerous to take a foto while you are driving. You can have an accident.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 PM
TE Expert

Default To mafegan: the beauty and the truth

Hello Marlene,
thank you very much for your kind wordы about this photo!
I know: this is quite an "ordinary" photo which may be funny to see but which would definitely not become the object of everybody's admiration :)
This is just a bit of ordinary daily life in Moscow...

I decided to post it to show that Moscow does not consist only of Orthodox churches (though there are loads of them here) and other nice-looking old buildings (which more and more are "oppressed" by "masterpieces" of modern architecture). In a way I tried to express this idea in the photo of Belorussky Terminal.

You are right: most cars in Moscow are black or very dark grey. Or dark green. Or dark blue. Mainly they are all sorts of Jeep and Landrover and Lexus and Audi and Mercedes (which are black).

Moscow is "a city of mud", so having a black or dark-grey car is more convenient: you don't have to wash it too often LOL And mud is not so noticeable on a grey or black car!

And the same refers to the inhabitants: if you look at crowds, you will notice that most people wear dark clothes. All this (especially taken together with the cars) looks rather depressing, so every time I go to another country I feel much relieved to see people wearing nice clothes of light colours and to see cars of various bright colours. So you in Australia seem to be much happier with white cars!

Yes we have a right hand traffic. I don't know which is better. In any case, right hand or left hand, it is dangerous to cross streets here even when the traffic light is green for passers-by :( Drunk and/or rich drivers driving landcruisers or landrovers or other big and expensive cars don't care. Here we have a saying: "The bigger your car is the less you need to know about road laws"... no comments about this.
I have no car, so I have to be very careful every day. And I relax only in Sweden.
Have a nice day! :)
Elena