Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

bantonbuju 2010-10-04 14:33

this is precisely a situation where fill in flash is a must, rikk (i do it rarely myself but here - you would allow to present her eyes to the viewers)...

have you tried an option with the flesh with the "slow" mode? or even better - with highly reduced power of the flash+slow mode...?

bw, j.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:20 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To bantonbuju: flash

hi Jerzy
thanx for your observation...I usually set my flashlight at the lowest power in such situations, varying between "slow" mode or even "rear" to give the pic some movement. In this case I gave a try with both modes but the final result wasn't satisfactory to me: I was shooting very close to the woman with my 10-20 mm and her appeared way too overexposed, the final effect was not so natural, so I finally went for a natural light shot. I could have got a better result with a separate flash maybe, using a diffuser...there' s a small church in Rome where I can try again such a shot, I will let you know ;-)
have a good day

Rikk
Old 10-05-2010, 12:28 PM
TE Expert

another option - spot metering on the eyes...
Old 10-05-2010, 07:48 PM
TE Senior Member

Default spot

hmmm...yes Jerzy, could work, but in such cases spot metering risk to burn the high lights...what about some more dodge and burn work in PP?
Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 AM
TE Expert

spot metering, and reduction of EV down to - 1 1/3, shooting in raw, and finally working on curves?....