Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great weswang 2005-10-16 12:45

Hi Paul, I did this ride sometimes ago. I enjoyed the ride the view along the coast line. You did the ride in a good timing. I like the view of the sunset and the city. The wave created by the ferry and the flag show that the ferry was in a good speed. Good timing and nice frame. Well done.

Old 10-16-2005, 07:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To weswang: ssshhhhtt....

Hi Wes,

Dont tell anyone, but the ride on the ferry was a bit of a mistake. I was looking for the Quincy Market place, because I heard that it was a great place to visit. So I had just gotten off the subway at "Aquarium" stop, and I saw people getting on this ferry. I like boat rides so I asked where the ferry was going, they told me Quincy, so I figured....

Well as you know I was already just a couple minutes away from my original destination when I got on the ferry. So a very friendly guy that worked on the ferry, after having a good laugh, explained to me that I would have to do the round trip to get to where I was going ;-) But I am happy that I got to do the ride, because I came away with many great photos and a beautiful sunset cruise for free!

Have a good sunday - Paul
Old 10-17-2005, 09:28 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To weswang: ssshhhhtt....

Paul,
Many tourists made the same mistake confusing Quincy with Quincy Market in Boston.
You have made a good decision not driving in Boston. Driving in Boston is one of the most dangerous driving in the world. I think only driving in center of Rome is worse :D. The road signs are not clear and parking is always a problem in Boston.
Other than the above and many other problems, Boston is a fun place to visit :D.
Regards.
Wes