Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cgrindahl 2005-11-02 16:24

This is timeless Sohrab, but then, of course, the place you represent in your images is timeless. I love the smooth perfection of this man's skin contrasted with the well worn surface of the wall. When I first arrived in India what struck me immediately was the feeling that every building was worn out. Of course, I've spent years of my life engaged in "urban renewal" in American cities so my eyes are attuned to such things. The humor of it for me, of course, was that even in deterioration American cities look fresh when compared to the scene in most Indian cities.

The immediacy of this image comes, of course, from the direct gaze of this young man. The furrowed brow is likely from the light but it could easily be interpreted in another way. I appreciate what you tell us about this man's culture in your note. Your collection of photos is remarkable Sohrab, a wonderful contribution to TE and almost certainly a harbinger of what your future holds for you. You have a gift.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
TE Expert

Default To cgrindahl: hey