Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great wilkinsonsg 2005-12-22 15:44

Very well captured, more like a heat wave than a canal!

BTW - thanks for the note - I always thought artists were the 'added extras' of society ;)

Old 12-22-2005, 11:35 PM
TE Expert

Default To wilkinsonsg: ...it's amazing when you think about it....

...not just the big artists in lights (or the dance artists in tights) but the 'creative industries' earn something like £80 billion per annum for the UK - I went to a really interesting lecture exploring the links between the development of anatomy and the role of artists the other day and it really brought home (again to me) how before camera and film how much artists' observation and illustration had contributed to scientific development and thought - I always teach that without the mastery of the most fundamental building blocks of the artists trade - the curve, the straight line and the dot we are left with little to express on paper except smudges - but in the hands of an artist the ability to add the emotional and tonal language of smudges opens up a whole new world of emotional expression which also impacts on how we can think and feel about the world - opening doors to abstract thought ...........I guess this is not the place to wax long and lyrical about such things .......but it's kind of interesting to speculate on what a world without artists might have been like.

best wishes KEv